Research show that our hair grows the fastest during the spring and summer months.
You will need:
- Natural hair
- Sulfate-free shampoo (make your own or order my advance formula here>>)
- Deep conditioner (moisture rich)
- Leave-in conditioner (moisture rich)
- Wide tooth comb
- Wigs or use own hair as a protective style
- Small spray bottle with Daily Moisture mix
- Hair butter or oil bottle mixed with your choice of carrier and essential oils combined.
NaturallyFitQt 2014 Annual Hair Growth Challenge Required Tasks:
1. Wash your hair weekly with a non-sulfate, moisturizing shampoo or cleanser like black soap.
2. Deep condition hair for 30 – 60 minutes, use a leave-in conditioner and seal in the moisture with your hair butter or a bit of your oil mixture.
3. Use a wide-tooth comb or finger comb your hair to detangle.
4. Protective style your hair using twists, braids, cornrows, twist & wigs, or roller set your hair and wear in a loose high bun. No tension should be applied to your hair during this challenge. You can sit under a hair dryer to dry your hair.
5. In an 8oz bottle with an applicator tip, mix equal parts carrier oils of your choosing (i.e olive, argan, castor, sesame, safflower, sweet almond, avocado and jojoba oil, etc). Use whatever oils you like and have. Add 3 – 5 drops of your favorite essential oils to the mixture and shake well. Some popular essential oils for hair stimulation are rosemary, mustard, lavender, ylang, ylang, sage, tea tree and cinnamon leaf to name a few. Apply a small amount of oil to your scalp nightly and massage well for about 10 minutes. Or order my herbal hair oil mix here.
6. Sleep on a satin pillow case or use a satin bonnet nightly.
7. Spritz hair twice daily once in the morning and once before bedtime. Here’s my spritz bottle ingredients list.
8. Implement one of the recommended home remedies in the article. Take a look at this article. http://www.livestrong.com/article/294934-home-remedies-that-remove-dht-from-hair/
9. Drink at least 64oz of water daily and exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes, four (4)days a week.
10. Take a daily multivitamin.
11. Replace one of your daily meals with freshly squeezed juice or a smoothie. My Facebook page NaturallyFitQt has lots of daily juice/smoothie recipes.
12. Finally, take a before pic and take a weekly pic to monitor your hair growth progress.