NOTE: For superb moisture retention, I use the LOC (leave-in, oil, cream) method when applying products to my hair. This method is especially useful to naturals with Type 4 hair Some Naturals use the LCO (liquid, cream, oil) method, which works best for them.
1. Section hair in four (4) to (6) six parts and twist.
2. Pre-poo sectioned hair for 30 minutes to 60 minutes using a creamy moisturizing conditioner, oil mixture, shea butter pre-poo mixture, avocado, banana or clarifying mud wash of my choosing. Rinse well.
3. With hair still in sections, cleanse hair with NaturallyFitQt Black Soap Shampoo. Massage well into hair and scalp. Using your finger tips (not fingernails), massage shampoo well into scalp for five minute.
4. With shampoo still in your hair, rinse hair and scalp with 8oz warm filtered water to 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to soften, add shine, bounce and reduce product build-up. Massage scalp well during this step. Note: I alternate coffee or tea rinses as needed in the place of apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse.
6. Wrap and dry hair with an old pillowcase or t-shirt to absorb excesswater and reduce frizz.
7. Apply NaturallyFitQt Deep Conditioning Moisture Magic to damp hair. Do NOT rinse out! Spray scalp and hair with aloe vera juice spray mist to tone/heal the scalp and hair follicles and restore the hair’s pH balance. Focus spray on hair ends.
8. Apply Smooth Shea and Body Butter (optional during warm weather if I oil rinse) to hair to seal in and lock-in moisture and twist hair or:
9. Apply styling cream (of your choice) and twist or style as desired (optional). I like to use Shea moisture styling milk, Cantu Moisture Curl Activator, Shea Moisture Curling Souffle (my favorite during winter/dry air months), Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, Kiss My Face Styling Gel or Wetline Extreme Styling Gel.
10. Air dry hair thoroughly. Keep hair twisted in an updo or untwist hair with lightly oiled hands.
Note: During my protective style period, I oil and massage my scalp twice daily or as needed for five minutes.
What I do:
1) use herbal hair oil twice daily (am & pm) to oil and massage scalp for a minimum of five minutes
2) spritz hair twice daily (am & pm) or as needed with daily moisturizing mixture
3) moisturize hair with my deep conditioner as needed
4) re-apply shea butter or herbal oil to hair strands as needed
5) steam hair in sauna after exercising
1) wash hair using my hair regimen (steps 1 – 10), weekly in the winters months and bi-weekly in the spring/summer months
2) deep condition before washing my hair
3) steam hair in sauna after exercising
4) set my hair and “forget it” for at least a week
Monthly (rotate the use of):
1) henna/indigo powder/paste application
2) mud wash or ayurvedic powder wash
3) avocado or banana deep condition treatment
4) steam hair with coconut oil and hair steamer
1) Trim or dust hair ends of needed
What I no longer do:
1) use combs or brushes to comb or detangle my hair (I finger detangle only)
2) use heat from a blow dryer, portable hair dryer or curling/flat-irons
Order Your Products Today!!!