1 box Hair Care Natural Hair Dye (Ayurvedic Hair Treatment)
2 tbsp. high quality indigo powder
3-5 tbsp. indigo powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp organic lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2 cups warm coffee, black/green tea
5 drops essential oil of choice (i.e rosemary, lavender, lemon grass, tea tree, or cinnamon)
1/4 tsp CMC powder, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose Gum (binds and holds the henna paste together (optional)
You will need:
– 1 box hair dye, high quality indigo, a glass bowls, spatula, warm liquid (coffee/tea), amla, sea salt, egg, lemon juice, essential oils, measuring cup, measuring spoon, gloves
Direction for Use: Take a small bowl and put Hair Care Henna powder into it according to your hair length. Add all other dry ingredients and combine dry ingredients thoroughly. Mix henna powder with warm liquid. Mix lemon juice, egg and more warm liquid as needed. Add enough warm liquid to make a thickened paste with the consistency of toothpaste. Cover the bowl and let sit for 4– 8 hours. Mix the contents completely and apply to hair using gloved hands. After applying henna to hair, leave it UNCOVERED for one or more hour or until the mix drys to a matte finish. Do not wrap hair in plastic wrap. Wrapping hair will reduce henna/indigo color absorption. Rinse hair properly and thoroughly under running water.
1. Continue to rinse hair with protein free slippery conditioner only. My favorite henna rinse out conditioners are Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Suave Almond and Shea conditioners.
Do not shampoo hair for 48 hours. Color will oxidize and darken over the next two days.
3. Wrap and dry hair with an old pillowcase or t-shirt to absorb excess water and reduce frizz.
4. Apply NaturallyFitQt Deep Conditioning Moisture Magic to damp hair. Do NOT rinse out!
5. Apply Smooth Shea and Body Butter (optional during warm weather if I oil rinse) to hair to seal in and lock-in moisture and twist hair or:
6. Apply styling cream (of your choice) and twist or style as desired (optional). I like to use Shea moisture styling milk, Cantu Moisture Curl Activator, Shea Moisture Curling Souffle (my favorite during winter/dry air months), Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, Kiss My Face Styling Gel or Wetline Extreme Styling Gel.
7. Air dry hair thoroughly. Keep hair twisted in an updo or untwist hair with lightly oiled hands.
Note: During my protective style period, I oil and massage my scalp twice daily or as needed for five minutes.