Quick and Easy Healthy Meals 3…
Featured Recipe: Salmon Roasted with Tomatoes & Olives
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Per serving: 372 calories; 20 g fat ( 3 g sat ); 90 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 34 g protein; 3 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 1281 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Potassium (37% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Folate (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 5 lean meat, 1 fat (mono)
- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, stem ends trimmed, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 strips orange zest, cut into thin slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillet, (about 1 1/2 inches thick), skin removed (see Tip), cut into 4 portions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine tomatoes, onion, orange zest and garlic in a large roasting pan or on a large baking sheet with sides. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes and onion are tender and beginning to brown on the edges, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 450°.
- Add olives and rosemary to the pan; season with salt and pepper. Clear four spaces in the pan and place a salmon piece in each. Spoon some of the tomato mixture on top.
- Roast until the salmon is opaque in the center, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness.