Here’s a recipe to a delicious weight loss soup. Lentils come from the legume family and is a low-fat food. This dish is loaded with lots of protein and fiber. The carbohydrate found in this food is low on the glycemic index and slow burning, resulting in less sugar in your blood stream. The fiber keeps you full longer and you are less likely to overeat.
Lentils are available at your local grocery or health food store and is also available as a can food.
– Lentils (I use Hurst’s Garlic and Herb brand)
– 8 cups of water
– 2 tbsp. of olive oil
– Contents of seasoning packet (I use one tbsp due to the high sodium content)
– 1 cup of diced carrots (or vegetable of your choice)
– 1/2 cup onion or 1 tbsp of unsalted onion powder
– 1 tbsp unsalted garlic powder
– 1 tsp. black pepper
– 2 dash of oxtail seasoning
– 1 dash of clove (grounded)
– 2 dash of sage, oregano, basil, parsley and thyme
1. Rinse lentils in a strainer.
2. Place lentils in a (medium) saucepan, add water, oil, contents of seasoning packet. Add optional ingredients if desired.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover and simmer on low heat for 30 to 35 minutes or longer if vegetable are added.
4. Puree with stick mixer for smoother eating.
5. Serve hot and sprinkle a dash of parsley if desired.